About Article for Plone
A Plone document incorporating images, attachments and links, whith a free choice of layout.
Article for Plone has been designed by the INGENIWEB team.
Article for Plone 4.0.5 is licensed under the GNU GPL license.
The Ingeniweb team proudly presents the fourth generation of their star product.
A Plone document including images, attachments and links, with a free choice of layout.
- Zope 2.8.8 and Plone 2.1.4
- Zope 2.9.6 and Plone 2.5.2
Note that with Plone 2.5.2, you must upgrade:
- PlacelessTranslationService -> 1.3.5 (+)
- CMFFormController -> 2.0.7 (+)
...otherwise, you'll get lots of UnicodeXXXError.
Have your embedded office files indexed with the magic of AttachmentField.
FCKeditor comes with nice PloneArticle dedicated features: an images and files browser that finds the PloneArticle embedded images and files, images and files uploading directly in the PloneArticle.
Just as any Plone product:
- Inflate the PloneArticle-x.y.z.tgz in the Products directory of your Zope instance.
- Use the quickinstaller on your Plone site(s)
- Go to the PloneArticle preferences configlet and tweak it in conformance with your site policy.
Copyright (c) 2007 Ingeniweb SAS
This software is subject to the provisions of the GNU General Public License, Version 2.0 (GPL). A copy of the GPL should accompany this distribution. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
More details in the LICENSE file included in this package.
Please search and read from the doc directory. You'll find all you need if you want to subclass the PloneArticle or add your personal views.
Please read tests/README.txt' for unit tests and ``ftests/README.txt for functional tests.
Point your SVN client to https://ingeniweb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ingeniweb/PloneArticle/...
Before asking for support, please make sure that your problem is not described in the documentation that ships with PloneArticle (this file and the ones from the doc directory).
- Mail to Ingeniweb support in english or french.
- Report bugs in english only if it has not already been reported.
Released versions of Article for Plone are available here. The current version is 4.0.5.
The repository contains the up-to-date versions of our source code. In order to get the HEAD branch of PloneArticle, use :
svn co http://ingeniweb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ingeniweb/PloneArticle/branches/4_0_maintenance
You can also browse the CVS with your browser.
Please take time the read the Readme
You do not have to install those products with PloneArticle v3. Instead, you CAN install PloneExFile and AttachmentField if you want.
PloneArticle works without PloneExFile and AttachmentField, but consider having your files indexed and preview available...
Install and test suitable versions of AttachmentField and PloneExFile...
This is not a PloneArticle issue. Please check in your personal preferences about content editor settings.
MS Word writes nasty HTML with specific tags and namespaces. Please consider using a suitable version of FCKeditor in place of Kupu. FCKeditor has a nice "paste from word" feature that cleans up the HTML for you.
This is a side effect of other bugs coming from PlacelessTranslationService and CMFFormControler. Upgrading PlacelessTranslationService to 1.3.5 (+) and CMFFormController to 2.0.7 (+) should fix all this.
Article for Plone changes
- Add an inplace copy/paste test [encolpe]
- Fix aquisition bug if an attachment have the same id that your attachment id. In general case the usage of hasattr is prohibited for local lookup. Use shasattr instead. [encolpe]
- Ghost release
Fix unittests for buildout [encolpe]
- Add 2 parameters to baseinnercontentwidget:
- hide_upload_link' (default = False) hide/show widget upload link
- hide_browser_link' (default = False) hide/show widget site browsing link
Temporary (portal_factory) baseinnercontentfields are not writeable. No more crashes when an author adds image/field/link on temporary articles. [glenfant]
- fixed models 1 and 2 using visual clears
- fix browser type filter bug when calling Browser.update method
- batch in plonearticle explorer
- added some translations
- Fixed unit tests
- Hide "Templates" tab on new (temporary) objects (glenfant).
fix acquisition & import bugs * field baseinnercontent : fix in BaseInnerContentField.set that corrects a
bug produced by an unwanted acquisition
- Import LinguaPlone in article mixin to make sure PloneArticle is fully compliant with LinguaPlone
fix templates bugs when referenced files are deleted * model macro template uses Description for files & links * fix in model macro : file size was wrong when proxy was using a referenceField
(temporary the file size is not shown in that case)
IE7 adjustements * pa_browser css fix for ie7 compliance
pa_browser css : small improvements (loading icon, correction on select box)
some AttachemntFields modifications * attachmentField download url is generated in model macro for attached Files
when attachmentField is used by proxy
- add tutorial / examples * Added examples/mypamodel : a tutorial Products for custom PloneArticle models.
- fix a content type linked bug
- Fix reindexation bug after migration from Plone 2.0.5 and Zope 2.7
- Add brazilian and slovenian translation
- Fix some docs
- Save all changes in plonearticle while manipulating files, images and links. Save button of edit form is only used to save modifications of title or description
- When updating value of inner content field don't reorder content. All new values will be append to existing ones
- Migrate old plonearticle models
- all css and js helpers added in widget plonearticle_edit.pt removed
- "Error: Image dimensions unknown" when uploading an image whose dimensions can't be decided.
- getImageDimensions now guarantees to return integer values for width and height
- Added a status bar in the browser to display content loading status
- Folders in the browser are now addable if they are referencable
- Search on browser stay on the same folder if no results found
- Improved skin on browser and innerContentWidget
- Content proxies renamed after creation. File and images are renamed according to attached file name
- Articles now have an internal revision number, helpful for further migrations
- added 'migration' tab in ZMI to plonearticle_tool
- Fixed referenceable links
- Updated jquery to 1.0.2
- Fixed referenceable links
- InnerContentField are indexable (searchable=True)
- Full refactoring. Everything Archetypes.
Article for Plone ChangeLog is also available for detailed informations.