About Ex File for Plone
A Plone file with an attachment, supporting preview & indexing
Ex File for Plone has been designed by the INGENIWEB team.
Ex File for Plone 4.0.1 is licensed under the GNU GPL license.
PloneExFile is a replacement content type for the usual File (ATCT or CMF) with additional features for the file types supported by AttachmentField (MS Office, PDF, OpenOffice) :
- File content indexing
- File preview through the browser
- First install and test AttachmentField (see the README.txt of this product)
- Unpack PloneExFile into your Zope Products Folder.
- Restart Zope.
- Use Plone Setup -> Plone Configuration -> Add/Remove Products to install PloneExFile. You can also use the portal_quickinstaller in the ZMI.
- Now you can add a PloneExFile through the Plone Interface.
Enjoy the use of FileSystemStorage with PloneExFile without hacking the source code...
- Install and configure FileSystemStorage as indicated in its README.txt.
- Edit your instance's zope.conf and add this in your environment section:
<environment> ... PLONEEXFILE_WITH_FSS on ... </environment>
"on", "true", "1" are equivalent, whatever upper/lowercase combination. Any other is considered false.
- Continue the installation as Without FileSystemStorage above
WARNING WARNING WARNING : Do this on a fresh new Zope instance where there's no PloneExFile created without FileSystemStorage. Your old PloneExFile content will be lost with no further notice. A future version of PloneExFile will come with a migration tool.
Please read the PloneExFile/tests/README file.
Migration from PloneExFile 2.x is possible with the scripts in PloneExFile/migration, but they are not yet very polished.
Please make a backup before migrating.
Follow the migration howto:
AttachmentField is protected by the terms of the GPL v2 license. See the LICENSE file for details.
You may find newer stable versions of PloneExFile and pointers to related informations (tracker, doc, ...) from http://plone.org/products/ploneexfile
Stay in tune with the latest (unstable) versions:
$ svn co https://ingeniweb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ingeniweb/PloneExFile/trunk PloneExFile
Released versions of Ex File for Plone are available here. The current version is 4.0.1.
The repository contains the up-to-date versions of our source code. In order to get the HEAD branch of PloneExFile, use :
svn co http://ingeniweb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ingeniweb/PloneExFile/trunk
You can also browse the CVS with your browser.
Please take time the read the Readme
Ex File for Plone changes
4.0.1 - 2007-08-20
- Add fix index_html when ExFile use AttchmentField (ED)
- Add compatibility for Plone 2.1 before migration from Plone 2.0.5 (ED)
- TTWLockable: don't fail on toggleLock with lock/unlock whereas object is already locked/unlocked
- TTWLockable.py : provides 'list lock owners' feature as object's method
4.0.0 - 2006-12-26
- Added German translations and fixed description of upgrade procedure; provided by Carsten Kirck. Thank you!
4.0.0-rc3 - 2006-11-24
- Added a migration method from v3 to v4: clean old lock attributes, and check for authorized view method. The old 'ExFile_view' has been removed in favor of base_view, we must check the 'layout' attribute of all ExFile.
- Added 'UPGRADE.txt' which contains migration instructions
- Made 'file' field languageIndependent to comply with ATCTFile setting
4.0.0rc2 - 2006-11-02
- Fix a bug where a file was an MS Office or PDF one
4.0.0rc1 - 2006-10-31
- (BM) Major cleanup of legacy code. ExFile is now really based on ATContentTypes. It is compatible with both Plone 2.1 and 2.5. It supports the "rename after creation" feature of Archetypes.
- Lock support is now done with WebDAV, the old mecanism has been dropped.
- Upgrades from PloneExFile v3.x.y to 4.0.0 should not require any migration step.
3.2.4 - 2006-05-14
- (GL) Fixed external editor stuff
- (ED) Fix mess around lock
3.2.3 - 2006-03-07
- Fix licensing incoherences
3.2.2 - 2006-03-07
- rollback python scripts
3.2.1 - 2006-03-06
- Fix Lock permissions
3.2.0 - 2005-12-16
- Fully compatible with Plone 2.1 ;)
- overload some templates for Plone 2.1, layers is not installed for Plone < 2.1
- Support at_rename_after_creation (this feature requires Archetypes >= 1.3.5)
- Support discussions under Plone 2.1 (if allow_discussion is enabled in portal_types)
3.11 - 2005-11-04
- Added PloneSelenium functional tests
- Use checkPermission in ExFileLock.py
- ExFile_view : Modify code to get size of file to consume a mimimum of memory
3.10 - 2005-10-04
- ATContentType.py: copy BaseSchema in schema definition (#1249290) 2005/08/01 BM
- Removed the 'Edit PloneExFile' permission
- Fix AT update Schema bug with AttachmentField - ED
3.02 - 2005-07-29
- Removing some bogus code in isVisible of LockSupport, fixing a bug that surfaced in the upcoming Plone 2.1. 2005/07/28 MR
3.01 - 2005-03-15
- Use AttachmentWidget from AttachmentField instead of using FileWidget
- Only owner (having edit permission) users can toggle lock
- Change ploneexfile view template. Use accessor to get filename.
3.0RC1 - 2004/12/23
- First fully integrated Archetypes version ! ;)
- Locking support improvement
2.03 - 2004/06/23
- Add discussable property to PloneExFile
2.02 - 2004/06/15
- Minor bugfix in ZAA instanciation
2.01 - 2004/03/16
- Added lock.gif and unlock.gif (16x16) for being standard with Plone, due to changes in document_actions after Plone 2.0 rc5.
2.0Beta - 2003/12/18
- Better Plone 2.0 support with still 1.0 compatibility
- Preview attachments (with latest ZAA & ZAAPlugins)
- Whole support for Plone 2.0 (CMFFormController and such)
- Support for preview of attachments
1.0 - 2003/11/06
- Fixed small bugs in text/description management
- Now the item's icon matches its content type, via the latest ZAA version
- Add test cases to use with external editor
- Fix one bug in unit tests: line 87 in testAddFile probably related to problems in AttachmentField
Ex File for Plone ChangeLog is also available for detailed informations.