A Plone poll tool
PlonePopoll has been designed by the INGENIWEB team.
PlonePopoll 2.5.1 is licensed under the GNU GPL license.
Here comes a few screenshots of PlonePopoll administration interface.
Creating a poll
What a poll looks like
The results view
Edit form with new setting available(v2.1)
User can choose several answers (v2.1)
The portlet of a multichoice poll (v2.1)
The results for multiple choice
This is a Poll tool for Zope
- Zope 2.7
- Plone 2.0.5+
- Archetypes 1.3.3
A poll can be in one and only one of those states:
Results can be in one and only one of those states:
- not visible
Poll can have multiple choice activated, determining how many choice a user can do.
Within Plone, it's possible to vote for a poll only if it is enabled AND published.
Results are displayed only when the Results Visibility is set to visible
- Migrate to Archetypes
Backup your ZODB Go to QuickInstaller Tool in your ZMI Click "Reinstall"
- Note: It is important to do 'Reinstall' instead of 'Uninstall' + 'Install' to not loose poll results
Information about PlonePopoll can be found at:
Released versions of PlonePopoll are available here. The current version is 2.5.1.
The repository contains the up-to-date versions of our source code. In order to get the HEAD branch of PlonePopoll, use :
You can also browse the CVS with your browser.
Please take time the read the Readme
- Can I install or remove PlonePopoll easily ?
Yes, using the CMF QuickInstaller Tool.
- I see the result but i can't vote, why ?
The poll is probably disabled.
- I have voted twice, does it matter ?
No, only your last answer that is kept.
- After having installed PlonePopoll 2.1, my Plone site raises an exception, what can I do ?
If you upgrade PlonePopoll from version 2.0x, you have to use the migration script. Restart the server. Create in your plone site folder (from zmi) an external method * Module : PlonePopoll.doMigration * Method : doMigration * Save and test.
[v2.5 - 20062403 ] - CVS
- Updated for Archetypes
- Added greek translation thanks to Menelaos Maglis
- added show_id method to PlonePopoll for forward compatability to Plone 2.5
[v2.4 - 20051205]
- Use toLocalizedTime
- Added FTests
- Removed superfluous answers2text.py
- Don't loose answers when error
- Error handling for answers
- Number of choices field after answers field!
- Poll enabled by default
- Newest poll as default
- Work on the i18n files. Only fr, de and en are now fully up to date.
- Integrated nl translation, thanks to Michael Reitsma
- Removed some debugging code in polls2.pt that was hidden in HTML comments and called resultObject.aq_explicit.aq_parent.aq_parent.Type(), but no Type method was found.
- Make Installation work with Plone 2.1
- Move permission installation from Install.py to Permissions.py
- Move Permissions to Permissions.py
- Install doesn't call setupMessageCatalog any more because it doesn't work with Plone 2.1.
- polls2 : remove the displaying of the container type
- translation changes (de, es)
[v2.3 - 2005-02-04]
- Fixed the test on the number of choices
- Fixed a cache bug in ZODB
[v2.1 - 20040616]
- Multiple choice authorized for one poll
[v2.0 - 20040323]
- Plone 2.0 support
- Clear button to clear poll votes
[v2.0Beta1 - 20031218]
- Plone2.0 support
[v1.0 - 20031205]
- Fixed ZODB pb.
- Minor cosmetic changes
[v0.3 - 20030514]
- Added I18N install automation support
[v0.0 - 20030417]
- Bugfix : Made getUnicityFactor Plone-user compliant : the same Plone user cannot vote (distinctly) several times.
PlonePopoll ChangeLog is also available for detailed informations.