A Plone product that generates a site map for your website.
PloneSiteMap has been designed by the INGENIWEB team.
Here is a sample sitemap
PloneSiteMap : A Plone product that give you a simple access to the map of your site.
The map is drawn by the getSiteMap method.
** Customization **
To change these default parameters, you only have to customize plonesitemap property sheet : (properties to set in portal_properties in zmi) or using plone go in plone setup / PloneSiteMap configuration.
- root :
- It sets the root property for the getSiteMap() method. Give the path of the root you want to use.
- statesToList :
- Enter the review state you want to list in your sitemap. If statesToList is empty to filter will be applied.
- idsNotToList :
- It is a list containing ids of object you don't want to display (ex : Member)
- It sets the depth property for the getSiteMap() method.
- inlineLastLevel :
- Check it if you want to display your site map last level inline. Else it will be displayed in column.
- showDescription :
- Check it if you want to display the description of objects in the site map
- showIcons :
- Check it if you want to display the icons of the object in your site map.
- metaTypesToDig :
- These sort of objects (meta types) will be 'explored' and shown in the site map.
- metaTypesNotToDescribe :
- Enter here the meta types that must not have their description displayed.
- sortAlphabetically :
- Check this if you want your site map to be ordered alphabetically.
To customize plone site map look and feel, customize sitemap_style.css. An id is generated for each level : level<depth> (level0 for root level, level1...) So with this method you can custmoize each plonesite levels.
The CVS contains the up-to-date versions of our source code. In order to get the HEAD branch of PloneSiteMap, use :
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/ingeniweb co PloneSiteMap
You can also browse the CVS with your browser.
Please take time the read the Readme
- Can I install or remove PloneSiteMap easily ?
- Yes, with the CMF QuickInstaller Tool. To remove the sitemap portal tab, go to portal_actions (plone tools) and remove the actions with the id : plonesitemap.
- I have an unauthorized exception when i try to see sitemap with an anonymous user!
- Try to publish the root (under plone 1).
- Why do I not see all the parts of my web site ?
- PloneSiteMap is only showing objects that are not private. Make sure to publish all the objects you'd like to be included in the sitemap.
- I have a strange traceback mentionning VirtualHostMonster when I try to display my site map...
- This is a known bug with ATContentTypes :( Remove ATFolder from the Portal/portal_properties/sitemap_properties and you're ok again. This will be fixed soon in CVS. Thanks to Christopher Lafty for this one!
2.54 - 2005/07/29
- Make Installation work with Plone 2.1
- Make Installation check portal_types for metaTypesToDig, so it works in non-Archetypes sites
2.5 - 20050511
- corrected : SiteMap root is being used, tested and displayed in configlet
- use multiselect box for select meta types
2.4 - 20050208
- Added a 'you are here' feature
- Now 'ATFolder' is included in the default folderish types
- 2.3 - 2004/09/001
- Add a configlet
- 2.2 - 2004/07/13
- Support I18NLayer object
- Add filter on review state
- 2.0.1 - 2004/04/07
- Add css sheet
- Not limited in levels to build sitemap
- Add plonesitemap property sheet (metaTypesToList, bottomLevel, idsNotToList, showIcons, showDescription, metaTypesNotToDescribe, inlineLastLevel)
- 2.0 - 2004/03/17
- Plone 2.0 final compatibility
- Plone2 compliant.
- Bug of unauthorization corrected, now anonymous can see the sitemap.
- Only published objects are in site map. See the new README file for more infos. See also tips on unauthorized exception.
- Package as a plone product
- New portal tab action : sitemap
PloneSiteMap ChangeLog is also available for detailed informations.