About Weather Forecast for Plone
A product that will display weather information.
Weather Forecast for Plone has been designed by the INGENIWEB team.
Weather Forecast for Plone 1.4.3 is licensed under the GNU GPL license.
A sample of the detailed page:
The configlet, english version:
The configlet, french version:
Weather Forecast for Plone is a small product that let your Plone site shows the weather forecast using the weather.com wether service retrieval.
Plone Weather Forecast contains:
- one portlet that will be (by default) placed at the end of the right column;
- one detailed page of the weather observations and forecasts;
- one configlet that will easily let you enters all the configuration information Weather Forecast needs to run.
Weather Forecast for Plone has been design with a cache system: the weather service will not be asked on every request on your site.
Weather Forecast for Plone is translated in english, french, spannish, italian, dutch and german. You can participate to this project by sending a translation of your tongue.
You can find some documentation in the doc directory.
Quick set up
- Copy the PloneWeatherForecast directory in your Zope's product directory;
- Log in into a manager role and go to the Plone administrative panel;
- Go to the Add or remove product panel (Quick installer panel);
- Select Plone Weather Forecast in the left column of the panel and submit your request by clicking on "install";
- Select Plone Weather Forecast in the Plone administrative panel;
- Enter your weather.com's id and key;
- Enter a location code in the third field, or enter a town name and click search;
- If you choose to enter a town name, you will be showed a list of matching town name in which you'll have to choose one of, then submit the form.
You can download this product at http://www.plone.org/products/ploneweatherforecast
License and legals
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Ingeniweb SAS
This software is subject to the provisions of the GNU General Public License, Version 2.0 (GPL). A copy of the GPL should accompany this distribution. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
More details in the LICENSE file included in this package.
This license does not cover the icons used by the portlet, which have been provided by weather.com.
Copyright (C) 2006 Emmanuel Coirier
Copyright (C) 2007 Duco Dokter
The Ingeniweb team (http://www.ingeniweb.com) for the current version
Emmanuel Coirier for the first release of this Products
Duco Dokter for some fixes
Olivier Deckmyn for the weather.py module
Mail to Ingeniweb support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations are welcome for new features http://sourceforge.net/project/project_donations.php?group_id=74634
Released versions of Weather Forecast for Plone are available here. The current version is 1.4.3.
The repository contains the up-to-date versions of our source code. In order to get the HEAD branch of PloneWeatherForecast, use :
svn co http://ingeniweb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ingeniweb/PloneWeatherForecast/trunk
You can also browse the CVS with your browser.
Please take time the read the Readme
1. I have migrate to Plone Weather Forecast x.x and I've got an error "AttributeError: xxxx".
Your tool's data is not up to date. You have to add the missing attributes. Here is the walkthrough:
- Go to your Zmi (http://myhost:myport/manage)
- Look for your Plone site
- Inside your Plone site, look for "weather_forecast_tool"
- You are now in the overview tab of the tool, look for a link
- called "Migrate tool" at the beginning of the page
- Follow this link, it will add all the missing attributes with a default
safe value - You can then reconfigure your tool if needed.
- Why days of the week and other information text are not translated?
The weather.com user guide said that information send by their services must not be translated. (See guide.pdf, section 3, point 8)
3. I have modified something in ZMI but changes have not effect on my plone pages. Why ?
The ZMI is only here for advanced people, and is not automated nor "fool-proof". So if you change something via the ZMI, you have to manually flush the cache, with the link on the overview page.
Weather Forecast for Plone changes
- new icon set
- add ads links (required by weather.com)
- fix request url with a new parameter (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=541550&aid=1963378&group_id=74634)
- Fix index handling when values are changed via ZMI
- Check compatibility with Plone 2.5.1
- Release german translation (finally)
- Fix portlet when no information is available
- Update link to weather.com to embed partner id
- Added translations
- Correct some typo
- Enhance search form when only one result is found
- Let the user switch between metrics and imperial units
- Internationalize detailed page
- Updated screenshots
- New icon set in detailed page
- Portlet is now more verbose
- Advanced options (ZMI only): flush cache, options to change number of displayed days
- Update the error messages
- Update the translation template
- Add spanish translation
- Complete the detailed forecast page
- Update the configlet with a new method to search for location
- Work in progress
Weather Forecast for Plone ChangeLog is also available for detailed informations.